This latest collection of This I Believe essays gathers 60 thoughtful explorations of the core values and guiding principles of authors from Kentucky. Contributors include Muhammad Ali, Sena Jeter Naslund, Tori Murden McClure, Frank X Walker, and Silas House.
This collection of This I Believe essays gathers 60 thoughtful explorations of the core values and guiding principles of authors from Kentucky or writing about Kentucky. Contributors include:
• former heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali,
• Spalding University President Tori Murden McClure,
• Kentucky Poet Laureate Frank X Walker,
• Silas House,
• Sena Jeter Naslund, and
• ordinary Kentuckians from every corner of the Commonwealth
The book also features a dozen essays from Edward R. Murrow’s original 1950s This I Believe radio series, including:
• newspaper publisher Barry Bingham Sr.,
• journalist and NAACP executive Harry McAlpin,
• U of L professor Charles Parrish, and
• Edmund Schlesinger
With a foreword from public radio host and Kentuckian Bob Edwards and an introduction from former Courier-Journal Editorial Page Editor Keith Runyon, this book is filled with inspiring and thought-provoking essays that compel us to rethink not only how we have arrived at our own beliefs, but also the extent to which we share them with others.