I have never failed.

Tyler - Pineville, Kentucky

I live by the statement I have never failed. There have been times when I’ve done bad, times when I’ve made mistakes. As for failing that’s one thing I, and no one else has ever done. When we “fail” on an assignment we learn more than when we ace it. It is true that we learn more from our mistakes than we do from our success, if we don’t make a few mistakes in life then we aren’t human, it’s all about how you look at it. When you get a bad grade on a test, or make a mistake in life I learn from it, don’t get sad. Life is too short to dwell on, I laugh at what I do and learn not to do it again. There is no such thing as failure just different ways not to do that one particular thing. I’ve learnt that staying up all night partying right before finals is not a good idea, that doesn’t mean I’m a failure, I’m just not a good decision maker, however I learnt from it and trust me I won’t do that again. I believe that making a few mistakes is good in life it may not be fun but it’s healthy, sometimes it’s good to have an eye opener. My eye opener was when I got a 45 on my first college test in functions and algebra. Math being my major I didn’t seem to think this was very funny, however looking back at it now it is. I thought I was big stuff just like I was in high school, to bad this wasn’t so. In college I have to study and if I hadn’t learnt that on my first test and had just gotten by with mediocre scores I would have likely flunked my final exam saying I could pass with a c when in reality I would have flunked. Thankfully I flunked so that I realized studying was a smart idea. Making a mistake is a good thing because it makes us better, so I believe that I have never failed, I have merely discovered better ways to go about my life