Holding the door for people

matthew - N. Sandwich, New Hampshire

I believe in always holding the door for people, weather they’re old, young, small, big, medium, overweight, skinny, friends, family, whatever they are I try and hold the door unless I’m in a bad mood because I might forget or not feel like being nice to people, but even when I am in a bad mood and I remember I try to hold the door.

I try and hold the door for them because when I do it gives me a good reputation to that person and then we might talk and find out we have a lot in common, so then you two become friends. Or if that person tells other people maybe to the whole town, and having a good reputation is fun because then if you see that person again they might ask you to do something for them and you might even get paid for doing what they ask you to do.

One time I held the door for a little old lady at the Irving Station and she bought me a bag of chips. I know it doesn’t sound like much but when you think about it, it is a simple thing to do for either a small reward like a bag of chips or a big reward like a good reputation. When you hold the door for people they will respect you and then they might go and tell they’re friends and then a lot of people will ask you to do things for them and you might get some big bucks for doing what they asked you to do.

When you hold doors for people they will also feel better about themselves because they will feel important enough to that people hold the door for them, also after a long day of doing whatever they do they need that helpful reminder that some people do still care about you and other people in this world and are not just self-centered and all stuck up.

Holding the door for people will also help with your morale because it will give you a good feeling inside saying that you did something good. Also if you do that for people then they will return the favor, and maybe they will start holding doors for people which will lead to even more people, which will mean that people will start holding the door for you which even on the worst of days can boost your spirit and might get you into a good mood so then you can brighten up somebody else’s day and so on so there will be a lot of people in a good mood, and when a lot of people are in a good mood it’s a good thing because they might return the favor or do other good things for people like at a drive threw they might pay for the person behind them which will most definitely brighten up anybodies day no matter how bad.

That’s why I hold the door for people as much as I can instead of just slamming it in the face, because one little thing can do a lot of big things.