I Believe in Love at First Sight

Ashley - Madison Heights, Virginia
Themes: love
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in love at first sight. That feeling you get when you see the one for the first time, you know, the butterflies and feeling like the whole world stops, that’s love. When all else disappears and its just you and that one person left standing. When you look into their eyes and time seems to stop. All of this is love, and it does happen at first sight.

I may only be seventeen and people may think I have no idea as to what love truly is, but they are wrong. I fell in love at first sight, and it was amazing. It was almost like in a movie when you see that person and everything around you pauses for the longest time.

When I encountered love at first sight, I was a little scared, I had boyfriends in the past and nothing like that had ever happened before. It was an unusual moment in time that should have come with its own music.

Love at first sight is like falling and never stopping. Sometimes things seem to move really fast, and that can be a little scary too. I learned not to be afraid of love at first sight, but to embrace it. Not to run from it, but to run to it.

I believe that love at first sight does only happen once though. I believe that it if happens to you, its for a reason, and if you let it pass you by then that’s on you.

Love at first sight is an amazing encounter; one that I hope everyone can come face to face with someday. Its amazing to see that one person and have an instant connection. The swell of emotions, the butterflies, the feeling of floating, its all real, and its all so wonderful.