Love and Hate

areanna - Youngtown, Arizona

Hate. Many people feel this emotion. Whether it is because of jealousy or frustration, it’s there. This emotion destroys friendships, relationships, or even family. Love. A strong emotion that can be used for

sympathy or in families. The question is: Is love stronger than hate?

So there I was, sixth grade, and my first day at that school. It was already half way through the 2nd semester, but my parents moved without a blink of sympathy for us. Everything I knew so well was utterly abandoned and thrown away. So my heart and thoughts got consumed with hate and madness. Now when you’re in that state of mind, you have no need of making new friends in a place you don’t even want to be in.

Then this girl came up to me at lunch. Talking like we’ve been best friends forever. Of course I was still angry so I did the most ignorant thing to do. I ignored her and walked away. When you’re too busy feeling sorry for yourself, you tend to not pay attention to other people’s feelings. Of course I hurt her. Who wouldn’t know that? But why would I care about the feelings of someone I don’t know?

Frustration can make you reckless and distraught. It can make you do things you know you would never do when you’re so called “okay”. I took time to think about what I did to that girl. I realized something. Had I hurt this girl? Yes, I had. So I went to make it right. And we DID become best friends. I ended up learning a life lesson from her. A belief. I believe that someone you hate today could be someone you love tomorrow.

Hate and love are balanced inside of each and every one of us. I believe that it’s up to us on whether which emotion will rule us. We all know what’s wrong and what’s right. Or what’s cool and what’s not cool. Sometimes we don’t even think thoroughly and act on impulse. Of course you can always switch emotions, but love is way to go. Hate is the way to crash.