I believe in overcoming obstacles

krenare - El Mirage, Arizona
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

In life you have many obstacles but you choose to overcome them. My obstacle I have to overcome is my fear of death. I have always been afraid of death. I still get Goosebumps when ever I hear the word death. Many people around me where saying there good byes to this world and forever forgotten. I always wonder what would happen if I died, would I just disappear just like that and never be remembered. Just a lonely rotten corps in a big hole never heard from again. Just thinking about dying makes me want to scream even though I know screaming wont help me at all. I started thinking of a horrible way I could die and avoided anything that would be able to harm me and there where a lot.

Started hating hospitals and still do they frighten me I always avoid going there as much as possible no matter how sick I got. When my grandfather passed away I was here in Arizona he was in Europe, me and my family went to visit there everywhere I went I saw graves and was terrified. I kept thinking that’s going to be me someday. I remember telling my mom and dad don’t ever die never leave me they would always say ‘’where going to be here with you forever’’ I new it was a lie but it made me happy.

I want to overcome this obstacle because I have always wanted to fallow my cousin’s footsteps and become a nurse. How am I supposed to do that when I’m afraid of death? Well my mother said to me that death will always come but you will go some where beautiful, and peaceful. Are religion states that you will have a good death if you’re a good person? I felt relieved because I was afraid of a scary after life, but I’m happy it’s not that way. I want to pursue my dream and become a nurse if I want to do that I have to over come my obstacle. Now that I know death is not that scary I’m not scared anymore I’m just sad that I would have to say good bye to my loved ones. I believe that everyone can over come there obstacles.