I believe in Self Expression

Cristian - surprise/AZ/85379, Arizona

“What is all of this?” Is what my dad said to me when I showed him one of my more complicated drawings? I guess it was because to anyone else’s eyes it did just look like many different random objects drawn onto a paper, but to me everything made perfect sense. The drawing represented all of my feelings and thoughts about my life so far. My dad was very puzzled at my confusing array of random pictures and I began to get angry because he started laughing at how I could even call this art. I was confused at his statement because I couldn’t understand how anyone could not call it art.

The reason my father couldn’t see the art in my drawing was because I believe that everyone expresses themselves in their own way and it looked to me that my art was not the way my father expresses himself therefore he couldn’t understand my art. I express myself through the music I listen to the pictures I draw and the people I talk to. If you look at all of these things then one could easily infer what type of person someone is, but even then someone could still prove them wrong.

I believe that every single person in the world can express themselves in any way that they feel is fit to show who they are. Anyone can figure out what kind of person someone is by looking at the way they express themselves. If someone takes that privilege away from someone then what do they have to show about themselves? For example if someone has to go to a school where no one person can do anything to make themselves different as in like talking about what they wanted to who they wanted then how will those people be able to show who they are at all?

Every single person in the world needs at least one unique way of showing who they are and who they will eventually be. All people are individual and I feel that it is only right to let everyone show who they are. No matter what it is anyone can be individual and every one should and any little way can become a big way of showing who someone is and who someone can be.