Cherish Life

Risheena - Elmirage, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

I believe you should live life to the fullest. Life is a very precious thing. You should share it with the people you love, and care about the most. Everyday you wake up and think to yourself how you plan on spending the day. I always think about the times I spend with my family. It’s a memory of life that I cherish the most.

Life comes with many challenges. It relates to a roller coaster, it has its ups and downs. The down falls in life are times you push yourself to conquer the difficulties you will face in the future. I go through a lot of ups and downs in life, but you have to be strong and face it.

Since I am a very religious person I ask help from God and for him to help me get through it. My parents and friends are always there when I need them. It’s different for one person, my cousin Ricardo. He has been going through rough times in his life. That he had no one to go to. So he went to the quickest action he could think of. Not death but something very close to it. He decided to do such a terrifying thing. Ricardo hung himself.

When my parents told me about it, lots of stuff was going through my mind. Especially when she told me Ricardo was okay, but suffering in a coma. I thought it was better than death, but in a way its not. He was physically with us but mentally not. Life comes only once, it should be expressed not by only words but with actions too. He took a very dramatic action that changed all of us who loved him.

It makes me want to take life more seriously, and to not hold anything back. So I won’t have to miss out on anything. I always pray for Ricardo, and for him to recover. Wow life is supposed to be a time you treasure with the people I love. I’ll continue to Life is special and I’ll make it fun and take a chance, this I believe.