Reflection of a Eagle Scout

Geoff - Palatine, Illinois

I believe that scouting and the Order of the Arrow have transformed me as a person, and allowed me to visit places that I would have never been able to go to. My time on Napowan Staff has transformed me as a person because living together with some of the greatest people in the world, has allowed me to relax, and became a better person. I believe that following the admonition which means to love one another and trust is the best way to live my life. Leadership training and the life changing that these trainings can bring because NLS showed me the effects that one weekend can have on someone’s life. I believe that one simple action can forever alter someone’s life forever because of my own personal experiences about that. Ceremonies in the Order of the Arrow I believe have allowed me to better understand myself and the world around me because of the circumstances that preclude the ceremony that allow the message of Brotherhood, and cheerfulness in service to fill the participants soul and lift your thoughts like sparks when from the fire’s heart they shoot like arrows springing from the bow bent backward, from the bowstring smoothed with beeswax, loosed upon a lofty journey.