Life worth Living

Alex - Hollywood, Florida
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

“This I Believe”

A quote that has inspired me is, “You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give.” Throughout my life, I have learned that life should be lived to the fullest because you never know when your last day on earth will be. Growing up in the funeral business, I have seen so much sadness that makes me take one day at a time and treat it like my last. Seeing so much sadness helps me to be a very happy and outgoing person. Having this belief to live life to the fullest, I will have less regrets and never have to look back on the past with doubts. I have watched my parents care for and help families cope with the loss of their loved ones. My parents have dealt with the deaths of elderly people, children, babies, parents or teenagers in a car crash or from an overdose. As I have gotten older, seeing the sadness in my parents’ eyes everyday after work has changed my outlook on life and has given me a reason to wake up in the morning. I never know when my life will end so I wake up in the morning and fill my day with good deeds and the attitude to overcome challenges. I always set forth short-term and long-term goals that I strive to achieve in the future. I always offer up to heaven dealing with my enemies and to constantly be a kind-hearted person to everyone. Being blessed with a wonderful and loving family, having good health, great friends and a good education has helped me look toward the future with a positive attitude. Having an excellent foundation helps me look forward to the future with confidence. I am prepared and anticipant to face the challenges and milestones of the future because of my family’s support, pride and praise. I am ready to continue on the path of my life journey by making every day of my life worth living.