I believe in vacations

rebecca billingsley - el dorado, California
Themes: family, pleasure
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Everyone seems to get so wrapped up in all the little stuff that doesn’t even matter. It gets stressful and everyone needs time to just relax. It doesn’t even have to be far but as long as you are somewhere that’s away from your daily routine. It’s nice to be able to free your mind. It’s also nice to just forget about school, work or whatever and just have fun. I don’t know what kids would do without summer vacation; we would probably all go insane. Being stuck in a place for to long wears people out!

Every year my family goes to Pismo Beach, and it’s a great time to bond and be with them in a fun relaxing environment. I get to spend time with the people that matter most in life. When I’m older and have a family of my own, I’ll be sure to take plenty of vacations. I want my family to experience more than just growing up in the same ordinary town like everyone else. The thing that’s reassuring about vacationing and not moving are you can always come back home, and place you vacation to never gets old. I believe vacations are good for the individual family.