What the Chlidren Deserve

Jordan - Raleigh, North Carolina
Themes: children
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

As a senior in high school and wondering what I will be doing with my life in the years to come, I really had to think about what I loved. What do I want to live for? As these thoughts flew through my head, I realized my love for children and theater. The only way to combine these together is to major in Theater Education. I do not just want to stop there. I want to take my skills and travel to Uganda, where I feel passionatly called to work with the Children there. A lot of the children have been abducted or displaced because of the War going on in Uganda. They all deserve to live a life of a normal child, and if I can take my knowledge of theater, I can create a fun and creative environment for them. I believe every child deserves a place to be a child and a place to become who they are truly meant to be.