You, Me, and Right Now

Andrew - Syracuse, New York
  • Top 100 Essays USB Drive

When people ask me “what do you believe in?” I think of the myriad of answers I could possibly give. The conversation of religion seems to permeate modern life…at least, where I am from. And I am from the United States, the land of the free. The “free” whom are free to believe in what they want and the “free” whom are free to pass judgment on those who may not believe in the same things as the “other free”…the “thems” opposed to whichever “us” may be considered. The only considerations I have are the past 29 years which have become who I am…or have I become the past 29 years? Better yet, has the rest of the world become the 29 years which I have lived? And, in consideration, will there be another 29 years of me?- that is to ask “will I be another 29 years of what’s to come?” It’s all confusing to me. There are so many questions to the questions to which none of “us” truly know the answer. So, what do I believe in? I believe in You…Me…And right now. You are who you are, and I am who I am or at least that’s how we have come to know each other. So what is right now? Is right now a result of the past, or is right now the instant before the birth of the next which will give rise to the next and the next and the rest of the future which is yet to come? You and I are one in the moment which is all that has past and all that has yet to come. We can make the best of it- this, I believe.