A Mother’s Love is Priceless

Mabel - Phoenix, Arizona

There is always a person in your life that you know you can count on. That person is the one that gave you life and loves you unconditionally. A mother’s love is priceless and will always exist. Their care and love is like a beautiful rose, but a rose that is unable to die. Nothing overpowers the warmth that isolates you when a mother’s hug is received. They are there in your happy moments, but most importantly in your saddest to give sunshine to your rainy eyes…

My mother is the strongest person I know. She has been through so much, yet she was able to raise and educate her children as well as she did. She had the courage to get away from a torturing marriage. She left without a job, a place to live, a car, or money for that matter. She never gave up on us nor herself. She got her GED and went to college to become a medical assistant. Working hard and making sure that none of her children were missing anything was her number one priority. The stress of being a single mother made her love for us much stronger.

I believe that the separation gave my mother more hope and confidence. She knew how much my siblings and I were suffering, but she cured us with her love. She is the one who keeps the house running and under control. Even though it may seem to her that we take her love for granted, I can assure her that it can’t be… a mother’s love is priceless.