This I believe

Charles - Citrus Springs, Florida
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Have you ever noticed that when you shake up a soda bottle and open it, it explodes? That’s the way my life is. I am the bottle and the contents is all my anger and frustration. But on the outside I seem to be as happy and as bright as can be.

As I plopped down on the couch in my living room with a dull and blank look on my face. I sit and stare off into space, my mind a buzz with confusion and frustration. As sit there I think and think again, recontemplating life as I know it. Thinking what I did wrong. I could not figure it out. No matter how much I pondered it no answer came. Then it hit me, I (in the most basic way to explain it) was basically yelled at for know reason at

all. Then I realized this is not the first occurrence, it has happened multiple times. I just refused to believe it. Days went by and I began having troubles at school. I was getting picked and I did nothing to provoke it. I would go home and tell everything to my parents and all I got in return as advice was “maybe they had a mental problem”, “or deal with it, you will deal with idiots like that through out life.” So I stopped talking about my problems and began to bottle it up. That’s when my problems really began. On the inside there was an enormous amount of frustration covered up with a smile I learned to fake. With no one to turn to I just continued on. Little did I know how much I was mentally wrecking myself. I began having a short patience and had trouble managing my anger. The world around me began to seem like a world of hurt. There seemed to be nothing I could do. After people constantly told me that it’s bad to bottle your emotions, I refused to listen. Day after day, night after night there seemed to be no end in sight. My problems went from a bump in the road to a mountain bigger than Everest. I write this paper in the hopes that people all over the world will learn a lesson. I know the dangers and risk of bottling up my emotions but it’s a hard habit to brake. So heed my warning be smart and don’t bottle it up. Once you began your life is a roller coaster with no end in sight, all you can do is sit and watch from a subconscious level as your life begins to become so complicated as though an extremely important puzzle piece is gone. So heed my warnings don’t bottle up your anger.