Buck Henry

Shelby - Trophy Club, Texas
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

About the time i was seven i remember asking my grandpa who invented rootbeer. I could see the wheels turning in his head when he smiled at me and said”why Buck Henry did!” At the time i thought Buck Henry was a real person my grandpa knew. So every time i saw my grandpa i would ask to meet him. My grandpa alwyas said he was off inventing something new. But as i grew older i realized Buck never existed and yet i still kept asking.

I believe that the human imagination keeps us all sane. Take a look around you. What do you see? I see Marshmellows in the sky. People with wild imaginations are the glue that holds everyones fabricated lives together. Behind everything ever said, done, invented, etc. There is an immagination hard at work. Even today many years after my first encounter with “Buck Henry” I ask my grandpa who invented wood, i am stillso amazed at what kind of story pops out of his child like mind. My grandpa has taught me many things these past years but the one thing that will always be in my mind is your never to old to let your immagination run wild. Because of him: This i believe.