Karma’s Only A Bitch If You Are

Rachel - West Bloomfield, Michigan
Themes: golden rule

I believe that for every piece of gum you spit on the ground and not in the trash, you will step in a piece of gum; to more serious rules that include that if you “hook-up” with someone in a relationship, the next relationship you are in will end badly. I believe that Karma is a rule that everyone should live by.

I was raised Catholic, but throughout the years I have lost touch with that religion. Now my beliefs are Karma based, do good things and good things will happen to you, much like the Christian value of “What Would Jesus Do?” Not only does following Karma’s beliefs make you a better person; it makes the world a better place as well.

Some may not believe in Karma because there are so many people who do bad things throughout their lives and never get caught, but they are not taking the big picture into account. The after life, whatever you may believe it entails, is what we go through life to reach. People who do bad things during their lifetimes and do not get caught will get it back when it counts the most, after death.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to claim that I am always making the “right” decision or that I never “give the finger” when someone cuts me off. I am saying that I try my hardest to be the best person I can be and to keep a level head in situations that could definitely get better. Just treat others the way you want to be treated, and if you do good things and good things will happen to you. If you are not a bitch, Karma will not be either.