Independence

James - Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I base my life on independence. The idea that I control what I do and what I believe. I prove everything to myself, I make up my own mind, I educate myself, and I love myself; meaning that my life will not become just an additional petal on the flower of the world, but brand new blossoming plant all together. I believe that my soul is on the exterior of my body so it can be released all over what I love and adore instead of being trapped inside of me. God is a force or power, connecting all things around us; filling the gap between: love, happiness, courage and expectations. I believe that life is what we worship most. It binds us and gives us the ability to explore new places and new people. Having the power to change the world is an exceptional attribute that we all are able to perform. And that is what gives us the independence we can use to make our world a place of satisfaction and wonder.