My Conversion

Daniel - Shawnee, Kansas

I believe that my brother Paul, friend Keith, and girlfriend Kaitlyn brought me to the Church. I have been Catholic since I was four, but wasn’t serious about it until the 7th grade.

In seventh grade I became friends with a very special guy. His name is Keith. We were pretty good friends; considering I had only knew him for a few months. He would always get on me for cursing or making a sick joke. I would get mad when he did that, but in the end I was really glad that he did . He always helped me to know and do what was right. While I attended mass I began to be more. My life was really starting to change. Everything started to go very well, but it was only just beginning. I became a nicer person, therefor people liked to be around me. I started making more friends faster than I cold imagine.

That was at school; at home I still seemed to be the same person I had always been. Always filled with so much anger and cursing. This is where my brother Paul really started to come into my life. I thought he was so cool, and when he started to become very religious I wanted to be just like him. After that we started to spend a lot of time together. We went to work everyday together for eight hours so we had a lot time together to talk and get to know each other.

At school I didn’t really think much of girls. I liked a lot of them, but really didn’t respect them the way I do now. I had three girl friends in 6th grade who didn’t really mean much to me. When 7th grade come around, Kaitlyn came into my life. She taught me to be happy with what I had and to treat others with respect. I fully learned

how to respect women and that they are all beautiful creatures of God. To this day we put Christ in the middle of our relationship. We try to attend mass every morning. I try and give her the most respect out of anyone because I know God himself designed every part of her. Form the crazy shape of her big toes to her absolutely incredible personality.

I know God put these three people on Earth to change my life and keep me on the right path. I hope to always have these special people in my life and to grown in my other relationships as I did these three.