Live Your Dream

Cady - Bryant, Arkansas
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in never giving up. All of my life I have been the type of person who always does everything I can to accomplish my dreams. One of my biggest dreams that I have always been able to accomplish is making my shcools cheerleading team every year.

As soon as I found out that they were having tryouts for a 7th grade team I immediatly started to work, work, work. Every night for weeks I stretched and practiced. I never gave up. When I want something so bad, I set my mind to it and never give up. By doing this, I accomplished my dream for two years in a row.

This year, I am dissapointed to say that I did not make the highschool cheerleading team because i did not have good enough tumbleing skills. I was heart broken and depressed for a very long time. I had worked so hard every night and tried so hard only to be dissapointed in myself. How could this happen to me? That question was on my mind for a very long time. One thing to this day that keeps me going and pressing forward to accomplish my dream is to never give up nomatter what.

I know that I can do anything that I want to and be anything that I want to be. You can too. I will never let one negative experience keep me from living my dream. I have learned to learn from my mistakes because they only will help you get better. One phrase that I always think of that helps keep me positive is that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I will accomplish my dream and never give up.

I realize that everything happens for a reason. Maybe not making the team this year could be a good thing for me. At that time though, I still was very sad. When I didn’t get that call that said ” Congratulations! you made the 9th grade freshman cheerleading team.”, it felt like I was in a dream. I had never expierienced this type of feeling before in my life. I had always made everything that I had tried out for but, not this time. Surprisingly though, I got over it quickly. I got over it because I knew that I was a strong person and I would only work even harder. That is why I choose to not give up. I want people to look at me and think ” wow, she really works hard to accomplish her dreams.” Live your dream and never give up.