I Believe

Nicole - Lenexa, Kansas
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

“I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky.” These are the opening words in the song I believe I can fly.” This song represents my greatest belief: each person is capable of doing what they put their mind to. God has built each human with the mindset that every one of us will become great and powerful in faith. Humans have dreams, which make us human. God creates miracles and if we believe that, through Him, we can overcome our fears and we can do anything we set our minds to. It may seem as though God has brought hardships into our lives and maybe we couldn’t ever overcome these hardships. However, God has a reason for everything in which he does, and if we believe in God and in His words, we can accomplish anything and everything.

About two years ago, my grandma Priscilla died with cancer. She was about 60 years old and was the most awesome grandma I have never had, but she didn’t even see the cancer coming. The strange thing is that my grandma never drunk, always took care of her body, and never did anything stupid. So, I didn’t understand why God wanted to take her from me? My mom and dad tried explaining to me several times that God works in unbelievable ways, but I just didn’t want to listen to them. Finally, everything hit me. God took her for a reason, and the reason was because I needed to learn how to become a stronger person.

I came to realize God has a plan for each and for every one of us. To this day I will never forget my grandma, and how she changed my life. I believe that, as a human being, I can overcome any fear or hesitation, and turn it into a miracle.