Good Thoughts

Andrew - Overland Park, Kansas

I will often find my self very stressed, tired, and not knowing what to do about it. I

think to myself when this happens that my day is going to be horrible. I discovered when

I am in doubt that keeping a positive attitude helps a lot. I believe that if you stay

positive, concentrate, and have positive outlooks for the future you will have a good day.

When ever I am in a bad mood it will usually effect others around me. People will

not want to be around you. I know I do not like that very much. To fix that problem no

matter what happens, I just stay positive. Even if I am not happy, staying positive will

make me feel better at the end of the day. I have been through this situation many

times, and I always feel better in the end. It has affected my family life, social life, and

how I feel about myself. It can be hard work sometimes though and thatʼs where it gets

tough.

Whenever I am playing golf and I have three bad shots in a row, I feel terrible. I

will stay positive, which keeps my anger inside, and I donʼt express it. To fix this problem

I have to really concentrate on my shot and have a certain goal for that particular shot.

Staying positive and concentrating gave me a great shot. Also this applies to me in

school work. I hate homework so much and often get distracted. When I stay positive

my stress is gone. With a little bit of concentration I get my homework done without a problem. If I really concentrate and set some goals I do a really good job. Setting a

positive outlook is important, what I think leads to a good day.

At home when I have to mow the lawn on the weekends, I often think my day has

been wasted and I will have no free time. I think to myself, “Well afterwards I could go

get ice cream”. That gets me in a positive mood. I end up doing a good job on the lawn

and I mow it in great time. Also, it happens when I am playing golf. After a bad hole, I go

up to the tee box thinking I am going to have a good shot. Sure enough I drive it into the

center of the fairway.

To conclude, here is the order I think these things should be executed. In a bad

situation you should first have a goal and a positive outlook. Next, you should

concentrate and only think about your certain goal for that moment. Finally, stay positive

and boring things will go faster for you. I have done this many times, and it has proven

helpful to me. I believe if you listen to what I have to say you will have a great day.