People in jail should be able to get a life.

Jeramie - las Vegas
Themes: forgiveness
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

This I believe we all have the right to eat. I believe we should all be able to sit down with our families and eat. But you can’t put food on the table, if you can’t get a job. If you have been to jail, believe me, you can’t get a good job. I believe that people that get out of jail, should be able to get a job, like someone that has not been in jail. So they can feed their family.

They can’t get a job because of their criminal record. I say, that they should be able to have a normal life like everyone that’s not in jail. People should not judge them. But if people in jail want to get out, and want to change their life, they should get a chance to have a normal life and they can get a good job.

Like, my uncle was in jail for eight years, and he wanted to get out and change his life. He got out of jail, but he can’t get a normal job, because he has a criminal record. So I think he should be able to get a good job like normal people can. They should be treated the same way as people that didn’t go to jail. My dad gave him a job so he could feed and take care of his family. Now he has money but I think he should get paid more. I think that it is nice what my dad did for him but I think he should be able to get a better job. He would be able to help his family, feed his family and help people that are like him he could give them money and maybe he could ask my dad to help them get a job so they can feed there family.

This I believe people that did something in the past should be able to eat with their family and they can get a good job. So they can feed them self and so they can feed their family.