Personal Opinions

Nicole - Duke Center, Pennsylvania
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe that people should be able to have their own opinions without people getting angry or upset. People have their own opinions about war, abortion, the death penalty, clothing styles, gay rights, even about the President. If someone was to speak out for or against gay rights then someone would get upset or offended. An example is the Miss USA Pageant this year. Miss California was asked a question about gay marriage. “I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.” That was the comment made by Miss California to Perez Hilton. Perez had made the comment about the whole incident and said that if she would have made Miss USA he would have taken the crown off of her head because she didn’t deserve it. People are made different and they have different opinions. If everyone was the same and had the same opinions the world would be plain and boring. If people have certain opinions they should be able to state them and not get persecuted. I myself am afraid to express my opinions around certain people that have opposing opinions because I don’t want them to think of me different. I am sorry if I have gotten mad at you about your own personal opinions and I regret it. I am sick of being afraid to express my own opinions and I feel bad for being mean. I honestly do think people should be able to have their won opinions and people not look at them differently. This I believe.