The Love Within

Emily - Greer, South Carolina
Themes: love

The Love Within –

Love, it’s a feeling, a feeling we all reach for. Feelings come from inside of us, so we should reach inside ourselves, right?

I wasn’t always aware of this. In fact, I fell in love with just the idea of being in love. It’s as if I were a bumble-bee trying to find the perfect flower.

I fell in love with just the idea of being in love. It’s as if I were a bumble-bee trying to find the perfect flower.

Since I found the love within, it’s been easier to accept. There’s a peace lingering in me now, giving me courage. I feel as if my problems aren’t shouldn’t be considered problems, only obstacles.

This wisdom came to me, after going through an experience kids my age usually don’t come across. I met a young man; I fell for him but he never seemed to care the same as I did.

Time went on, and I began to realize the love I thought I had for him was, in all actuality, an infatuation. Another realization occurred to me, that loving someone else is hard to do when you don’t even love yourself.

The strength within me now, provides me with reason and good choice making. Kindness wraps around my heart, and patience keeps me still. Forgiveness comes simply, because I learned to forgive myself, grudges do not stamp my soul.

I don’t want to give the impression that my life has been a walk in the park since I found the love within. I would never expect my life to be. The point I’m trying to get across is that now, I have a different view on myself, more confidence in myself. The big world out there is not so threatening now that I am no longer afraid of myself.

The lesson I learned, one I will never forget, is this:

True love cannot be found out there, it cannot be searched for in material things or even in another person. You must first learn to love yourself, love within yourself. In doing this, you may find the greatest happiness you’ve been looking for.