True Friendship

Angela - Richmond, Virginia

I Believe animals make the best friends. They’ll loyal, trustworthy, and affectionate. Most of all their love is unconditional. I have had my thirteen year old cat Jasmine since she was 8 weeks old. My family adopted her from the Richmond S.P.C.A when I was 8 years old. She exemplifies what it means to be a true friend.

A few years ago I was suffering from a severe bout of depression. During my crying spells, Jasmine stayed by my side purring and rubbing me. My depression became so bad that I needed to be hospitalized for my safety. I was in the hospital for 5 months. My cat missed me so severely that she slept in my bed to be near my scent. When I finally returned home she was ecstatic. She followed me around the house for days. Whenever I had to leave the house, she would sit at the top of the stairs looking as if she didn’t know if I was coming back. Her love helped me through a difficult adolescence.