My Affirmation Statement

Sam - St. Louis, Missouri

I believe that friends are a person’s greatest source of inspiration. I have one friend that is a shining example of that. Her name is Emma, and though we had known each other for a few years, I did not truly recognize her brilliance until we ran into one another at a production of “Wicked”. After agreeing that it was a masterpiece, our friendship began. We were a good team, while I prefer to stay in and find out more about things, she would do the things I wanted to find out about. As time went on, she introduced me to a newer, modern sense of humor. While I read the works of Ray Bradbury, she showed me the beauty of books by people like Chuck Palahniuk and David Sedaris. At one point we attempted to write a musical, and though it was finished, it was far from perfect. It is because of her that I found this website, and I would like to thank her for teaching me to live.