Aunt Eva

Marva - Nashville, Tennessee
Themes: family, gratitude

When I was ten years old, I went to live with my Uncle Herman and Aunt Eva. Aunt Eva was never able to have children of her own, but God gave her the motherly loveto raise me and several other young ladies. My Aunt Eva was strong, beautiful, smart, and a God-fearing woman who loved God. Having my Aunt Eva in my life is the reason that I am the woman I am today. Thanks to her and her prayers, I have never done drugs, sold my body, or been to jail. She taught me how to be a lady and to love God first then me. When I had my three children, I loved and raised them how she raised me, with love, but a stern hand. Four years ago my Aunt was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease and even though it hurts to see her like that, I know deep down in my heart and soul that God makes no mistakes and there is a reason for everything that he do. I will always thank God for putting Aunt Eva in my life and heart.