Forgiving and Forgetting

Taylor - USA
Themes: forgiveness
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Everyone deserves a second chance, which is why I believe in forgiving and forgiving.

I believe when I’m hurt by someone, the best thing to do is not to hold it against them because everyone makes mistakes, even me.

A few years ago, I was put in a very difficult situation with my sister. My cousin and I over heard my sister talking about going with a bunch of her girlfriends on a trip to the beach. Well, later on my sister asked my mom if she could stay at her friend’s house for a few days, but she didn’t mention going to the beach with her friends. Since I knew how my sister was, and what she and her friends were going to get into, I told my mom.

My mom was very angry at my sister for trying to lie to her, and my sister was mad at me for ruining her trip. Eventually, my sister forgave me, and later on thanked me for telling my mom. As it turned out, my sister’s friends got into a huge wreck on their way to the beach. Most of them were very badly injured.

I believe when someone I love hurts me, the hardest thing to do is forgive them, but I have to forgive them because I love them.

When I was younger and my family was going through hard times; my dad left my mom, sister, and me. Forgiving him was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, but I did it. Now my dad is the only person I can always count on.

I believe when I’ve been hurt in the past, that the past is where I should leave it! Forgiving people and putting what they did to me in the past only makes me a stronger and better person for letting it go.

Even though it’s one of the hardest thing I have to do, and something I constantly struggle with; I believe in forgiving and forgetting.