This i believe

Cody - Eagle, Idaho
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

This I believe

I believe that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I also believe that you can so do anything if you truly want it. The first thing I’m going to talk about is what doesn’t kill you make you stronger. When I was young my dad made sure that I had my share of chores. I had the privilege to empty the garbage, as my dad would say. I also had to mow the lawn almost every week, because it seemed like my brother was always doing something fun or gone making money. Then had to milk a goat every morning and night. I hated that goat so much and the milk wasn’t even good. After that we got chickens and I had to feed and water them every day, then we got a cow for milking and I started that and I kinda got away from it because now my mom sells the milk to a family and she wants the money so she has to milk the cow now.

When I had to do all those things it was not fun and I usually had to miss something fun or exciting. But now when I look back at those memories and I laugh and I see that those things made me a good worker. And helped me build good character and develop good friends. This taught me good job skills and how to work hard and get the things I want to have.

I believe if you really put your mind to something you want of want to do, you can make it happen if you truly want it. For an example, I wakeboard and I really wanted to do a back flip. So my brother showed me how, then I just kept trying and after a year I got it. Now I can land it almost every time. It’s one of the greatest feelings in the world, especially when it talks longer because it builds up your frustration so when you get it is more of a relief. It gives me a big adrenaline rush and I like that feeling.