My Last Chance At Life

Persia - Greenbelt, Maryland
Themes: Christianity

They said in church last Sunday that it is all a test, and now I am really starting to see it! I have been in and out of church throughout my life, but I have not been ready, I guess, to open my eyes. This past Easter was life changing for me. I have been traveling down the wrong road throughout my life. Hanging with the wrong friends, dropping out of high school my senior year, involving myself in drugs, sex, and partying. I was brought up by a hard working single mother who, to this day, still is my only true supporter. I was a rebellious teen who blamed my mother for my faults because she did not stay with my father. If I knew then what I knew now; that a woman could only take but so much from a man before she could lose her own sanity; I would have probably graduated high school, went to college, got married, and then began a family. But, God put me through the water and now I am above it. I am taking my blessings and running with them this time, cause I honestly truly feel that he is giving me my last chance. Sad to say it, but I do… Whether it would be me passing from being around the wrong places at the wrong times or me contracting a serious fatal STD that I would not have been able to get rid of, I know that God is giving me one last chance. I am not going to tell you I am a saint, cause I am far from it. As you can see, I have been there, and done all of that! I have never been one to wish that my life would have been this way or that way; I have always maintained faith in the Lord. Throughout my tribulations, I conceived two handsome sons, so I am grateful to have them in my life because they are the reasons that I was able to allow myself to barely tread above the water and not just give up and drown. My first born is six years old, and my second born is 9 months old’ each of them slowed me down in my fast-paced lifestyle at different increments. I am finally opening my eyes to the truth which is God. I am truly thankful! I am answering my call from God and disconnecting my line with the Devil… Not just for my children this time, because I used that “excuse” before too many times; but for me! I see the light. Now, that I sat here and openly expressed to you, I see it clearly now. I am very intellegent, I do have gifts, and I will take advantage of my true second chance of life. I am truly thankful that I was able to go through the many storms that were presented to me throughout the ten year period from the age of sixteen to the current age of twenty-six. Now, I will go through my “boot camp” and learn the Christian way of living and follow a new road for the sake of a healthy lifestyle for myself as well as my children. I know now to love myself and o give myself a chance. This, I assume, is my testimony.