Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White

Laura - charleston
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in fairy tales. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were not only great babysitters, but also teachers with lessons that have stayed with me into adulthood. I believe no matter what kind of bad situation I find myself in, there is some way I can pull myself back up. Also, one should always leave before midnight because as my mother always told me, nothing good ever happens after midnight and you should leave them wanting more. I believe that I will eventually find my prince, and I don’t mind waiting as long as it takes to find him. I won’t wake up for just anyone. And finally, I believe in the power of friendship. The people I surround myself with are a reflection of who I am. Having people to share experiences with makes life more fun. I believe fairy tales offer a medium embracing purity for a generation growing up too fast. They also breed a message of hope. Believing in fairy tales is not just for kids, because it is important to have dreams and never settle for just good enough.