The Power of God

Scott - Las Cruces, New Mexico
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

The Power of God

I believe in the power of God. The power that guides me through my life. My faith lies before this power. It is what I live for; it’s what I feel many people have gotten away from. Many think because God doesn’t make their lives perfect, that He doesn’t care because things aren’t going the way they planned. That’s where people go wrong. God has a plan for each and every one of us. His plan is unique and specialized for every person; it’s when people go against God’s plan when the pieces fall out of place.

The power of God is the power that founded America; it’s what this country was built on. Look at the money, for God’s sake! What does it say? “In God We Trust.” Would you look at that! These secular-progressives don’t know what’s up or down so they’re promoting that God will take you to hell and getting young kids into that taking the TRUE meaning of Christmas out of their lives. That’s not fair just because these people don’t know what to believe in. They don’t need to take away our beliefs because they get offended. They see a nativity scene somewhere or someone says “Merry Christmas.” They don’t have the right to take that away from us. People in America have freedom of speech and expression. Anybody can practice Christianity without someone telling them it’s wrong or that they can’t do that. If I don’t try to take away your beliefs, why should you try and take away mine?

Even little things like public establishments can’t even put up a sign that says “Merry Christmas”; we can’t even sing carols in school that have any religious meaning. The schools don’t even call it Christmas Break or Good Friday anymore.

I’m just here to say that I won’t compromise my values for anyone, and Christians have to get together and put a stop to the madness, say, “Enough is enough,” and protect our rights.

To close this off I would like to say even though I may not be able to change the beliefs of others, I can always stand up for what I believe in, regardless of the circumstances, with the power of God inside me.