Understanding Education

Dalton - Pawtucket, Rhode Island
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Understanding Education

The most logical way to succeed in life is down the road of education. Everyone has there strengths and weakness when it comes to learning but that’s why we work to achieve higher and strengthen the weaknesses. Some of us are listen learners, or seeing learners, even experience learners. Find your strength and use it to your advantage you can become a success. I believe in education.

You will face a major struggle if you don’t have any type of education. My father tells me all the time how he struggles because all he got was a high school diploma, and when I extend on that idea it could only mean the people without a diploma have it worst. Not only does my father tell me about this, but I hear it from teachers, principals, sometimes even a friend.

It took me most of my high school career to understand the importance of education. I’ve schemed my way through school just getting by not taking a second to realize I was just cheating my self. My mistakes haves caused me one option for my post graduation plan, CCRI. I hear the other students in my school getting accepted to different colleges; it’s a punch in the face because if I took education a little more serious I could have left my self with more than just one option. For the past few years of my life, I honestly don’t think there hasn’t been one day where some one has stressed the importance of having an education.

It’s a privilege to have the opportunity to learn. Some countries are constantly in war, do you think a kid is going to pick up a gun to protect him or herself or read a book. Not even just war, some countries are to poor to even have a school system, again would a child search for something to eat or pick up a book and start learning, these are obvious decisions that all mankind would make. With rare amounts of these problems happening in America, we the people shouldn’t be taken learning for granted.

Yes, I’m guilty for taking education as a joke, but now I believe in education, I believe it can help me better my self and a good tool I can use for the rest of my life. Getting that high school diploma is at the top of my To-Do list. Education comes first.