The Illusion of

James - Cedar Park, Texas
Themes: love

I used to believe that love is forever. That my love for my wife would endure. That the love we have will always grow. Love IS grand. Love IS great. The past few months proves that love is mostly an illusion that we strive to keep alive for as long as we can. That’s not a bad thing, really. But it is reality. The illusion of love grasps what we believe is our heart and begins to cause us the greatest feeling of happiness and the lowest feeling of despair. It’s not fair, really. But it is reality. Believing that love is real causes us to create the illusion that is predestined to doom us in the end. Nothing is forever. That’s reality. My heart is not my own. The illusion’s control continues to fight against me, trying to ensure that pre-destiny is assured. Everybody has faith in something. My faith in the belief that I can turn the illusion into a reality will endure. I have no control. But the illusion of forever is love.