Life

Katelyn - USA

It was a Monday morning and two weeks before Christmas, and I was getting ready for school when my dad came up to me and said that my brother’s two best friends were in a car accident. Zac and Nick went and got a drink last night and ended up going over a hundred miles an hour on the free way and rolled. Zac was killed instantly and Nick was in serious condition. I couldn’t believe it. I had just talked to them the day before and now Zac was dead.

That day at school the news was traveling around. Everyone was upset and people were crying. I couldn’t handle being at school so I decided to go home. When I got home I saw that a lot of cars were outside of my house. Most of the student body was at my house with all of my brother’s friends. Everyone was talking about all the good times they had with Zac and how they were going to miss them. Nick was in a coma and all of his friends went and saw him in the hospital.

The funeral was the next day, and my brother and all of his best friends talked. They talked about all of the wonderful things about Zac. Nick was still in the hospital and couldn’t make it to the funeral.

The next few weeks at school, Zac’s friends held a fund raiser to raise money to build Zac a bench in his name at the local golf course. Zac was on the golf team and really enjoyed it. After two weeks of raising money, they raised over fifteen hundred dollars. They built a really nice bench and gave the rest of the money to Zac’s family.

Its been five years since the accident and the town hasn’t really gotten over the tragedy. It’s an awful thing that happened and Zac had many friends. I learned to not take life for granted, and to appreciate everyday because it could be your last.