Family Time!!

De`Ana - Las Cruces, New Mexico
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

FAMILY TIME!!!

This I believe…I believe that if you have a chance to spend time with your family, then you should take the chance. I’ve had a lot of chances to do that, but instead I used to go and spend time with my friends. Now, I always put my family first, and if I have some spare time, then I go with my friends. I once had a chance to spend time with my Cousin J.R., but instead, I spent time with my friends. I thought that I would never see J.R. again, but I still see him.

One day J.R. wanted me to go with him to a football game. I went with my friends instead. Then I found out J.R. got in a car accident. He was on his way to my house and there was a guy who was drunk. The drunk guy was running away from the police when he hit the car J.R was in. The police could have kept going to catch the guy, but he knew that if he had left to catch the guy, J.R would have died. The police officer stayed to help J.R.

The guy hit the car so hard that J.R was in critical condition. J.R had to go to a nursing home which helps people who need physical therapy. J.R. was paralyzed from the waist down. Doctors had to send J.R there so that they could teach him how to walk, talk, eat, spell, and more.

Now he is back at home with his family. I see him whenever I have a chance. I know I was very sad when I heard about the car accident. I don’t know what I would do without my cousin. I know I don’t see him often because he lives in Washington and I live in New Mexico, but I still love him. If your family asks you to hang out with them, then you should do it. I know I was very sad when I found out about the car accident because J.R and I are very close. He is like my brother.

Now if my family goes somewhere and they ask me to go with them, I stop what I am doing and I go. If I am hanging out with my friends, and my family asks me to hang out with them before I go, I call my friends up and tell them that I will be running late. Always put your family first, then you can put your friends second. You should always have time for your family. It is important to hang out with your friends, but it is even more important to hang out with your family.

I believe you can live without friends, but you can’t live without at least one family member.