This I Belive

Beth - Durango, Colorado

This I believe

I can’t remember a feeling better then on Christmas when I got the pair of shoes I have been wanting forever. I believe that money can buy happiness. I when I am having a bad day and I come home and get to shop it makes me feel better and more willing to make the next day a better one.

For people that are the same ages as, me looking cool and fitting in is all that matters, but I believe that somewhere in between those people should still be happy with their lives and most important themselves. And I don’t think that is what is important. I can’t tell you how many kids I know that aren’t happy with themselves. Money is the thing that makes me happy and I am not one bit ashamed of it. But please don’t think that it is the ONLY thing in my life, because I love everyone in my life dearly as well.

“Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” ~Bo Derek

The people in my life that have made me come to my senses and think this way all comes from my mom. My mom is a crazy shopper but I absolutely love her for it!!! I am not afraid to admit that I do have a problem, but that is ok because we humans are flawed. I will learn to get over this but for now it is one thing that I live each and everyone of my days by.

And yet no amount of money in the world can alleviate the deep heartbreaking losses I have suffered in my life. Like when people in my life who are no longer in my life will never be filled with money or items. I cant even begin to try and tell you how many times I have tried to replace things with money or material things but certain things like that can, by no means be replaced. That is a very sad feeling knowing that no money and no clothes in the world can fix that but don’t forget you do have family to help you threw things like that.

I think that by writing and re-reading this essay has really changed my attitude. I still think that shopping can cure a lot of problems but I don’t think I can cure EVERYTHING I have going on.