Respect your elders

Tyler - Johnstown, Colorado
Themes: respect

I believe that you should respect your elders. You should be kind to your elders so they will teach you life skills. They are older than you and they know many more things about life than you. If you know more on life, you will have a more improved life. Then, when you are older, you can pass it on to your kids and grandkids.

I have been nice to my elders since I was little. Once when my dad was sad when he hurt me playing football, I told him it was alright and that it wasn’t his fault, I also told my grandpa when he lost a card game to me that it’s alright and I’ll play a rematch and in that rematch, I lost on purpose so he would feel like a winner and feel much better. Then, after all the respect, my dad helped me with my math homework. Also, my grandpa told me a thing or two about pitching and playing shortstop for my big baseball game that was the next day. When I showed all that respect to my dad and grandpa, they helped me with my problems.

When my elders are sick, I take the situation very seriously. I take very serious action. Once, my grandma was very sick with the flu, I took very good care of her. I made her soup and I fed her and I took very good care of her. I stayed with her and played cards with her. I watched T.V. with her and I talked about my life with her. I watched her all day, and during the night, I made sure that she was getting better. I kept telling her she would get rid of the nasty flu soon. Then, when she got better, she made me a big cherry pie. It was just for me and all my hard work. The only bad part is I got the flu too when my grandma was all better. Then, because I respected her, she took care of me. She fed me and made sure that I was feeling much better, just like I did to her when she was sick with the awful flu.

I also cheer up my elders when they are very sad. One time, my mom was sad because she forgot her purse at a bingo parlor. She was very upset and felt like she was dumb. I told her that it was ok and that we all make mistakes. Then, we got into the car and found her purse in a lonely chair under the table. For helping her, I got to go to Dairy Queen and got a big ice-cream cone sundae and it was very tasty.

It is important to respect your elders. It shows maturity and responsibility. You can learn many things and gain knowledge from them. All the knowledge you gain will help you become a better person and will make your life way easier.