This I Believe Personal Relection Essay

Madison - Durango, Colorado
Themes: sports
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in many things but the one thing that I believe in and that I love is basketball. I’m not just saying about that I believe in basketball, I am talking about how it helps me. There are many things that it helps me with. It helps me get in shape, when practicing we run so we can play really hard and wear out the other team fast so they are tired. By staying in really good shape you can play really well and give it your all with not getting so worn out that your out of breathe the first minute that you start playing. Basketball gets rid of all my anger by putting all my anger and energy into the game and playing really well.

I influenced myself in believing in what I believe. I may not be the best on the team but I try my hardest. Everything that is bad disappears for a little while and its nice to not have to think about all that stuff so you can just focus on the game and playing it. When I was having a few troubles with friends and I was not being treated with respect by them or anything and I didn’t think it was fair, but that day I had my first basketball practice but everyone has already been practicing for a long period of time. I went to practice that day feeling really hurt but I put all of that fury and emotion into practice. I gave it my all and the coach thought I did really well and I felt really good about myself.

My everyday life doesn’t truly follow basketball. It’s my emotions everyday and when I am feeling down I can’t wait for basketball so I can put all of that anger into it and forget all about it. My life I think is more positive with basketball because it gets rid of all my problems and I think that’s a really good thing. Basketball makes me focus on the game and nothing else but the game.