I believe in Books

Hanah - Soldotna, Alaska

I believe in reading books. They can help you get away for awhile when you might be upset or under stress. When I start to read I become focused on the book and get wrapped up in the story. Books are great because they give you knowledge, entertainment, and bonding.

One of the best things I have gained from books is knowledge about the world around me and the way people act. Books give me a reference point to base someone’s actions off of. Every time I read a book I get new information from them. I could learn how to make something. For example, reading books allows me to experience things I might not be able to do in my life. A book could talk about going into outer space or skydiving. I probably won’t do any of those things in my life, but when I read about them I can pretend I did.

I think the most important thing I have gained from books is bonding. When I was younger, my mom would read to me every night before I went to bed. It helped my mom and me become good friends. If she hadn’t read to me, we probably wouldn’t be as close. I’ve also bonded with my friends over books. We read allot of the same books and sometimes talk about them.

Books provide great entertainment. Some books describe a scene so well that you can feel. Other books might leave you guessing. When I’m bored I usually pick up a book and read. If I feel stressed out or need a break, I’ll stop what I’m doing and read. Books give you interesting stories that you become wrapped up in. Books can also affect your mood. If you’re reading a sad book, you might feel sad. When I’m upset I’ll read a funny book to make me feel better.

Books are great. They provide entertainment, knowledge, and help people bond. They can take you away from reality or put a smile on your face. I’ve read a lot of books. Each one affects me in their own way. Some books change the way I act. A book that has had the biggest impact on me was Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer. It talks about the hardships of a normal life and makes me happy that my life isn’t that bad.