hard work

mitchell - snohomish, Washington
Themes: work
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in hard work. I believe that if I work hard enough, I can achieve anything I could want, but I have to pay the price. Whether the payment is in sweat and tears or in late nights hitting the books to make me a perfect scholar. I believe in hard work because ever since I can remember, all I wanted to do was play for the Snohomish Panthers football team. even when I was playing in Peewee football, I remember the hairs on my arms standing up and a spine chill rolling up my back as I smiled wide eyed watching a team of red and white charge out of the locker-room onto a field of dreams. My eyes glued and my heart pounding I wanted that so much. I wanted to be them I needed to be them.

I pretended like I was on the team when I was playing in Pewees. When I finally reached high school, I hit the weights, I worked and pushed my self hard, and when the time finally came and football season was here, I was ready. I worked hard, ran hard, hit hard tried my hardest to do the best I could, and my time finally came, I was scared and afraid. I heard the sound of stomping above me as I sat in the locker room with sixty other Panthers surrounding me all dressed in red. As we stood in line before we took the field, my heart consistently jumping, I realized I had earned this spot. As I ran on the field it felt like ten thousand fans behind us screaming. I had made it. I had earned it my goal was met. After that year I knew I had to do more to start next season.

I believe in hard work because football has proven to me that if I work hard I can achieve any thing . For instance, now that I have realized how hard work has proven its self in football I have carried that on to my school work and many other areas of my life and it has proven its self time and time again.