I believe in Einstein

Albert - Hyde Park, New York

I believe in Einstein’s lifelong pursuit.

I believe that, until proven otherwise, two plus two is always four.

I believe that the thing going bump in the night is either, the cat jumping off a table, or a teetering book I left on the edge of my nightstand succumbing to the gravitational pull of the earth.

I believe my car will start tomorrow morning. If it doesn’t, I believe it is because I am out of gas. If I have gas in my tank I believe my battery is not charged. If my battery is charged I believe my starter is busto. When I call AAA for assistance I believe that the wave of energy emitted from my cellular phone will find a connecting tower, so long as a set of discernable parameters are met; some of which include my proximity to the tower, strength of transmitter in my phone, atmospheric pressure, geographical interference and other factors I am not aware of but could be, if so inclined.

I believe there are answers.

I believe emotion is rational.

I believe people hate for reasons.

I believe I lust to create life.

I believe when a mother drowns her children she does so because it makes sense to her.

I believe bad things happen to good people at the same rate good things happen to bad people.

I believe people strap bombs to their chest and push the trigger because they believe in the efficacy of their choice, or there is a gun to their mother’s head, or their family is starving and someone promised to take care of them in exchange.

I believe lady luck and the triplet sisters of fate died when Socrates was born. I believe a man who made some poor choices in his love life named them after women.

I believe an architect can build a longer lasting tower than a dentist and when my tooth hurts

I believe I will show it to the dentist before the architect.

I believe in strings and vibrations and black holes and light speed.

I believe babies die from cancer because mutated cells took over a system in their body and deprived them of necessary functions.

I believe roses are red and violets are blue because of the spectrum of light they do not absorb.

I believe life led me to this spot because of choices I made. I believe everything I do will effect everything which will come. When I drive fast I believe I am increasing the chances I will die in an automobile accident. I also believe I am increasing the chances I will kill someone with my car. I still drive fast.

I believe I don’t know enough.