nursing homes

chyna - aurora co, Colorado
Themes: place

i believe in nursing homes that the residents who have to stay there and live there deserve to have better food served to them and not get the food that is being served just because of budget cut backs. when i went to find out for myself on what they are serving to the residents in nursing homes i was shocked as i dont know what. for most of there meals they get some kind of dish but it’s always like in a”pie” form like for example tomale pie, cassarole pie and …etc. the residents would complain to me this isnt real food this is something you would feed to a dog. my eyes got so big when i heard more than one resident tell me that. i even ate some of the things they were eating and ill tell you what i gave the plate right back. i asked one of the nurses why is the food so bad, and she replied by saying one of her amdistretor told her that it was because of budget cut backs. i say if that’s the real reason why these residents are getting served slop rather than food then this is a sad, sad world we live in.