Taking The Chance of A Life TIme

Daniel - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

“I can remember the feelings well: excitement, fear, uncertainty and joy. I was taking a chance on something that I really believed in and although things didn’t move in the direction I had planned, I have never had any regrets over the decision.” Many people have fear of take the risk of life. In order for them to feel comfortable they have to stay in their little “bubble” afraid to talk to anyone. I believe that people should take risks because that’s how it was meant to be. We have to take risks in order to achieve success.

What if I’m afraid to take that chance? Or afraid to ask for help, or take advice from a friend, or do whatever I need to do in order to initiate my path toward success?

Unless I take that first step, I will continue to carry with me an unfulfilled desire. I know that some people would rather live with regret instead of taking that risk. But I am not one of them (only sometimes). After all, everyone experiences fear. Those who overcome it with courage are the ones who succeed.

I had been feeling this way for a sometime. It was October when i finally decided to tell her. I texted her the weekend before band camp, confessing my feelings towards her. We kept texting back and forth about the subject and how it happened. But, I never got an answer. a week passed and still no answer. Now we were at band camp, and we were sitting around the camp fire. I thought it was the perfect place for her to accept me. That was the problem, I never thought of what would happen if I got rejected. Would we still be friends? Or would it be to awkward? It came as a big surprise when she said that she only liked me as a friend. At that moment I didn’t know what to say because I wasn’t expecting it.

What I learned from this experience is that if I hadn’t taken that risk of asking her out, then at this moment I would be asking myself the What If question. Sure, I was afraid of rejection, but who isn’t? Now me and her are really good friends. And who knows, maybe someday there might be another chance.