live life to the fullest, with no worries

zach - montevideo, Minnesota
Themes: carpe diem
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I Believe

I believe that you should live your life to the fullest with no worries about what could happen. With no worries, there are no negative feelings towards any situation. If you have fun all the time, if you’re always laughing and always have a smile on your face, and if you just go through life taking everything one step at a time, then I believe you can achieve greatness.

Like in my situation, I hit a tree with my car. Anyone would probably cry, hate their lives, or think how screwed they are and have a panic attack. But I didn’t, because it was life, it happens. I had noticed the positives of the situations: Nobody was hurt and my car was fixable. I couldn’t control the outcome, so I had to go with what life handed me. Yeah I don’t have a great car anymore but it’s a car there are always new ones to purchase. I was still happy after this incident because I had no worries, and just took it as a sign that I should be more careful if this situation were to come up again.

Once I got fired from my job for doing something that I should have thought more about. That would probably be the point where people lose their minds, panic, or have no hope for their lives. But I didn’t. I looked at it like a start to a new chapter in my life. I didn’t worry about anything because money is just a prop to life for me. I don’t need money to be happy, I need my family to care for me and love me. I can get a new job with a new start to learn something new. Therefore, losing a job is a positive thing for me because I can never stop learning.

I don’t care what people think about me. I have my own look on life and how I live it. I don’t care what people say about me because that’s how they live their lives not how I live mine. This I believe.