Cooking

tam - HighLands Ranch, Colorado
Themes: work

Cooking

I have always enjoyed cooking and helping in the kitchen. It has been a passion of mine since I was six years old.

Cooking makes me feel good because I am doing something good for the people in my community. There will always be jobs for cooks because people need to eat. It puts a warm place in my heart and makes me feel like I can take on anything that the world has to throw at me. Cooking is a nice thing to do for people. That is why I have always loved to cook. It brings a happy feeling to everyone.

You learn new things everyday you do it. People say that you should never back down from a challenge. If you are a cook, that is a good motto. If you do something wrong, you should try it again and ask for help from the chef or a friend in the class or at the restaurant you are working at. It takes time to be a great chef like Emeril Lagasse or Bobby Flay. Don’t pressure yourself to be as good as them right away. It took time for them to be good chefs. So take it easy at first, don’t rush through things. That is when you make mistakes.

When I was in third grade I made a meal for my family of pasta with alfredo sauce, sautéed mushrooms and garlic bread. It was not easy to make a meal for four people. The first day at culinary arts school I was quite nervous. Now I have made a lot of good friends since that first day. Cooking can be a lot of fun when you do it with other people. Most girls like when a man can cook so that is a good thing.