Everyone Has Potential

Kevin - Rochester Hills, Michigan

I believe that everyone should work at understanding his/her full potential, that not only should you live for today, but also tomorrow.

Most teenagers my age live solely to have a good time and live life while they “still can.” Some people think that everything happens like it does in the movies, that life will just work itself out; this is hardly true. In order to ensure a successful and stable future one must recognize what he/she needs to do and strive for the best, that is of course, if you don’t happen to be a trust fund baby.

If one doesn’t understand the value of knowledge, taking opportunities when they are present, and doing whatever it takes to achieve a goal than full potential will never be attained. I personally know people who have a social life which consumes them. They don’t understand how to prioritize or how to focus on what really matters. This isn’t saying that sociality isn’t important, just simply stating that if one doesn’t know how to balance the necessities of life, than true greatness will never be achieved.

I believe that many people are distracted from receiving full potential and these distractions must be acknowledged. People mustn’t let one aspect consume his/her life, but must also focus hard enough on just one aspect in order to prosper in what he/she plans on doing with the rest of his/her life.

In order to fully become aware of ones full potential, one must take the necessary chances and risks to be pushed to the limits. Until someone has been pushed to his/her limits and is fully content to believe that he/she has done everything in his/her power to do the absolute best can he/she finally grasp his/her full potential. This I believe.