I believe in forgivness

Amber - USA
Themes: forgiveness

This I believe: I believe in Forgiveness

I believe in forgiveness. Throughout my life I have had many friends and with that, many arguments and a lot of drama. One of my best friends is my friend Aryn. We have known each other ever since we were babies. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me. We finish each other’s sentences; we always share our secrets and our hurts. Her friendship means a lot to me. Around 13 and 14 years old we decided that we would like to have a boyfriend. Both of us came to realize that we liked the same guy, Andrew. This was only the beginning. From that point Aryn seemed not to care how I felt about the situation and she got the only guy that I had ever liked. Eventually we worked it out and I got Andrew’s best friend, Devon. We were so happy, we spent a lot of time together, just the four of us and it seemed like everything was going great. One day Devon called and he wasn’t himself. I thought that he was mad at me or something because he wouldn’t talk to me. This went on for about two weeks until I finally asked him what was wrong, and he responded with a big sigh and told me he had to go. The next day he called me and I found out that he had cheated on me with my best friend. I couldn’t believe the two people I trusted the most had stabbed me in the back. At first I was angry, I didn’t want to talk to either of them, and I just couldn’t understand why they would that to me. They both sincerely apologized to me so I thought about it. I began to calm down and I thought, everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect. I decided to forgive them and today Aryn and I will have been best friend for 13 years. With that, Devon and I are coming up on our 4 year anniversary. It was hard to forgive, but it was worth it. I am so glad I thought about it and because I did, I was able to keep the people I love most.