The Rules

Tessla - Wasilla, Alaska

The Rules

I have come to realize that I am not going to be allowed to do everything I want to do when I feel like it. There is this thing called parents, and they have little items called rules and strictness. Now, I have never been a fan of how strict my parents are, but secretly, I am glad that they are this way.

My parents have saved me from getting into many “sticky” situations throughout my life. Let’s take friends and boyfriends for example. If they heard from someone that a certain friend gets into trouble all the time, doing things they shouldn’t, then I am not allowed to hang out with said friend. The same goes for boyfriends. If I want to go over to his house, they make sure that at least one of his parents is home, not leaving anything to chance.

Another thing my parents like to do is know where I am at all times. Say I want to go to a friend’s house; they have to know where exactly we are going, who is going to be there, and of course, if parents are there. They have saved me countless times when I’ve wanted to go somewhere, where…not the best things were going on. Because my parents are strict, they happened to ask their questions, and came to find out they didn’t like some of the kids going; therefore I wasn’t allowed to go. But now I am extremely glad they didn’t let me go, because I don’t have things on my permanent records like the other kids do. Too bad their parents didn’t ask questions.

Sometimes it actually is nice that my parents are strict. Without them, I don’t know what kind of person I would be. Although at times I don’t agree with their strictness and I get mad, I’m a kid, and they are just trying to protect me, and I thank them for that.